Friday, February 27, 2009

No comment

I’ve just discovered that some people have been having trouble posting comments on this blog. I apologize and am trying to figure out why this is happening. I am very new to this whole blogging thing and really have no idea why this is happening. I rechecked the settings for the blog and it should be allowing all comments, even anonymous ones. I did a little more looking around and it sounds like this may have something to do with a problem blogger is having with word verification. Here’s what blogger said in their known issues help section:

“The word verification form is currently failing to load for some users. As a temporary workaround, you can disable word verification from the Settings Comments tab. We're working on a fix now, and apologize for the inconvenience. — latest update on Monday, February 23, 2009

So temporarily I’ve disabled the word verification setting and hopefully this should resolve the issue. Please email me if you attempt to comment and the problem persists.

I want to thank one fellow blogger in particular for bringing this matter to my attention. Failing another way to reach me (I didn’t have my email on this blog at that time), she posted a notice to me on her blog http://signsoffaithbook.com/2009/02/23/dear-special-insights-aka-kaias-mom/ I’ve mentioned before how much I greatly enjoy and admire her writing. Seeing her mention my blog on her blog was kind of like getting a shout out during an actor’s acceptance speech at the Oscars.

I am really enjoying the online community I am finding of women bloggers. I'm loving reading all your blogs and getting feedback from you. I never imagined finding this kind of support through blogging. So, let the comments commence!

2 comments:

Sherry C said...

Great idea to turn that off... i find it seems to be a problem even when it's working especially for our non blogging readers like family and friends.

Anonymous said...

I've been unable to post comments here, too. Glad you found a work-around solution!