Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A magical carousel ride and a special thank you


My sweet friend Karen was nice enough to invite us to the Childrens' Museum this weekend. This picture of Kaia and myself on the carousel ride was taken with her camera. Doesn't Kaia look like such a big girl? She is growing so fast these days. I was gone for 2 hours this evening and when I came home, I could've sworn she had grown in the time I was out.


Thank you Karen for inviting us and for documenting the morning with photos. I am really so thankful to have such a good friend. Karen has a typically-developing child that is the same age as Kaia within a week. We met when they were just 5 weeks old. Her husband and my husband have the same birthday within a week and so do she and I. How odd, right? Karen is always on the lookout for resources for Kaia for us. She forwarded me information about a group of moms with kids with special needs that has been an incredible source of support. She was never intimidated by Kaia being different. We've commiserated the challenges of new motherhood as our children go through the same phases. It's been nice to know a mom of a typical kid the same age as Kaia and to realize that so many of our daily challenges are the same, whether our child has special needs or not. So thank you, Karen, just for being you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am just now catching up with your blog. How could I not post a comment on something about me? I love this picture of the two of you. I only wished I had a video of her walking by herself! Thank you for being such a great friend and always understanding my daily joys and challenges as a mother.